When you download a file from the Internet, you may not be prompted for the location in which to save the file that you are downloading. Instead, the file may be opened.
This behavior can occur if you clear the Always ask before opening this type of file check box when you download a file. If you do this, files of this type are automatically placed in the Temporary Internet Files folder and opened by the program that is associated with the file type.
If you want to be prompted for a download location for the file type, follow these steps:
1. Double-click My Computer.
2. On the View menu, click Folder Options.
3. On the File Types tab, click the appropriate file type in the Registered File Types box.
4. Click Edit.
5. Click to select the Confirm Open After Download check box.
6. Click OK, and then click OK.