downloading files for IE6 installation

cyberpharmacist 12:58 13 Oct 2003

Hi All,

I am trying to download the installation file for IE6 to be installed on a number of machines, but I can't find it on the microsoft site at all, wondering if any one can help.

many thanks.

Taff36 13:07 13 Oct 2003

Wouldn`t it be easier to take it off a cover disk?

Anyway click here

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 13:08 13 Oct 2003

Better off getting a cover disc and installing from there less chance of the download failing and it can be a lengthy process and not always reliable off net,then goto windows update and install patches/fixes for it.

Regards.

brittas 13:10 13 Oct 2003

try this
click here

Taff36 13:16 13 Oct 2003

Nice One brittas - noticed that my link to PC Advisor download pages is only for the original 2001 version. Not even SP1 like yours.

Come on FE - use your influence on the downloads staff! We expect a little better from a premiere site.

cyberpharmacist 13:30 13 Oct 2003

but it's this the pre-downloading file which you will have to run and connect to microsoft for downloading the real thing?

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 13:41 13 Oct 2003

When you goto update site you down load a file of say 400k then you can click this to connect and download what you need but it very long winded,it easyier to get it off a cover disk.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 13:54 13 Oct 2003

I think the file is called IE6SETUP.EXE a small file 480k i think search for on Microsoft site click save then you can transfer to other machines and run it from em all.

Taff36 13:58 13 Oct 2003

Follow brittas link above it takes you straight there as nickname suggests

cyberpharmacist 14:25 13 Oct 2003

but i want to bypass mulitple downloading for individual machines. is there a setup file somewhere that i can download as not all the machines have good internet connection in the office.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 14:28 13 Oct 2003

The way to go i think is getting a cover disc with IE6 on then installing it off that on all machines all you need do then is download patches/fixes.

Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

3D illustrator Billelis on how to promote yourself on social media

iMac Pro review

Apple Music : comment obtenir 3 mois gratuits ?