Downloader Agent.AS AVG cannot get rid of help pl

bof:) 16:47 16 Nov 2004

Hi All,

Friends pc using XP home, Housecall detected downloader but AVG version 6 couldnt find it. Downloaded AVG version 7 which detected it but could not heal,move to vault or delete it.

This even though System restore was disabled.

So, how do I get rid of it?

I've ran the stinger and the shredder without either of them detecting this downloader. AdawareSE also couldn't find it so can you help please?

many thanks,

Mike

JoeC 17:28 16 Nov 2004
  bof:) 19:54 16 Nov 2004

Hi All,

JoeC, I followed the instructions by 1st updating Housecall...ran it and it found nothing. This is odd because yesterday the trojan was found by Housecall and not AVG. It was only found by AVG after I'd updated it.

When AVG find the trojan its described in the 'Status' as 'Infected,Imbedded object'.

I've run AVG in safe mode and although it found the virus, again it could not heal,delete etc.

Following the instructions given by the site suggested by JoeC, I've looked in the running processes but there was nothing even similar to the file named by AVG (I had to use this because Housecall failed to detect anything so was unable to provide a file name for deletion).

AVG is now giving the infected file as 'Polall1t.exe'

Tomorrow I'll do a search on friends pc and see if I can find this file. But I suspect it will just be reset again when she reboots the pc.

Does anyone know where I go from here?

many thanks for all help given,

Mike

bof:) 19:56 16 Nov 2004

bump

VoG II 19:56 16 Nov 2004

Try a² click here

bof:) 00:40 17 Nov 2004

Hello Vog,

I'll give it a try but I seem to recall that I may have run it. (Lost track of what I've tried today...all gone into a blur).

I seem to remember that its already installed on my friends PC because when regestering, it asks you not to give a hotmail email address which is what they had.

I had to set up an alternative for them.

Do you know if A2 will actually get rid of the Agent.AS downloader?

Mike

bof:) 00:40 17 Nov 2004

Hello Vog,

I'll give it a try but I seem to recall that I may have run it. (Lost track of what I've tried today...all gone into a blur).

I seem to remember that its already installed on my friends PC because when regestering, it asks you not to give a hotmail email address which is what they had.

I had to set up an alternative for them.

Do you know if A2 will actually get rid of the Agent.AS downloader?

Mike

bof:) 01:16 17 Nov 2004

I've posted a question about 'Downloader Agent.AS'
on the A-Squared forum.

Mike

JoeC 08:52 17 Nov 2004

about 'Polall1t.exe'

click here

bof:) 13:09 17 Nov 2004

Cheers JoeC

I'll ask friend if they want to buy Pest Patrol. If not it looks like attempting the manual uninstall.

many thanks for your help,

Mike

bof:) 13:17 17 Nov 2004

I'm assuming that pest Patrol no longer provide a free trial version. I couldnt find one on their site. If memory serves me correctly though doesnt the trial version detect but not remove any virii found?

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?