download statments form bank

pauliney 10:18 04 May 2006

please can you help
cannot seem to download bank statments to read offline so I do not have to print when I download it pc will not open file (xp2)

thanks

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:29 04 May 2006

What is the file extension? It could possibly be Excel.

pauliney 10:41 04 May 2006

thanks for reply I havedownloaded with the file extension excel incomprehensible

pauliney 10:42 04 May 2006

what about quicken?

GroupFC 10:52 04 May 2006

I think you'll only be able to open them if you have Quicken installed? - Does it give a .csv (comma seperated values) option? Certainly Lloyds bank does and that is how I get mine (which then open with Excel).

keef66 10:54 04 May 2006

Natwest and Barclaycard download as *.csv; then I muck about with them in Excel

pauliney 11:01 04 May 2006

ok will try csv if it there thanks

pj123 11:22 04 May 2006

LloydsTSB give two download options:

csv and qif. qif is a Quicken format.

I usually download as csv because it opens straight away in Excel.

The version of Quicken I have is so old (version 3) and it won't recognise the qif file.

pauliney 11:23 04 May 2006

thanks all for help sorted

ruskle 16:03 04 May 2006

I have used Quicken for years now and downloaded Natwest and MBNA statements online also for years. If my wife is out shopping and spends any money on a card it is live on line and can be read almost at once, in other words it is not only the monthly statement but hour by hour entries. I have recently changed to Microsoft Money which does the same thing, just fancied a change, it converts Quicken files to Money and saves a Quicken backup.
Friends have used both Quicken and Money with other banks and never mentioned problems.
The only problem I ever had was when I installed Firefox which refused to download MBNA so I went back to Internet Explorer.
Ruskle.

Pidder 18:44 04 May 2006

On this subject can I ask, is it safe to download this sort of information to one's own personal computer?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Why this awful City of Los Angeles job ad for a graphic designer is actually brilliant

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)