download replacement drivers

[DELETED] 20:31 17 Jan 2006

I was told that you can download replacement drivers, in case you have a problem sometimes, and store them in a separate directory. How do you do this. I haven't any idea as to where to start. Hope somebody can help me. Thanks. Ann

[DELETED] 20:35 17 Jan 2006

Depends what drivers you want. Go to the manufacturers web-site and download but save rather than run. Save to wherever you want.

[DELETED] 20:36 17 Jan 2006

Use this click here to find out what hardware you have in your machine, it provides links to the manufacturers websites in many cases - find the Support,Downloads or Drivers page on the relevant site and download the driver, then copy the downloaded file into a specific drivers folder or burn to CD.

Stuartli 20:37 17 Jan 2006

Create a suitably named downloads folder in Program Files specifically for the purpose and use sub-folders to identify which drivers are for what purpose.

You will need to configure your download manager to Save to this Folder and/or one of its sub-folders.

recap 20:38 17 Jan 2006

Create a Folder on your C: Drive with an appropriate name. click here and register and, you can search for mostly any driver you may require.

To create a New Folder, Open My Computer, Double click the C: drive and then select File/New/Folder. Give the File a Name and press Enter on the keyboard. The file/s will now be in the C: in alphaetical order.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

The humble pint glass is redesigned from bottoms up by design legend Sir Kenneth Grange

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Quel est le meilleur antivirus pour Windows ?