download help

tirion 11:45 26 Feb 2005

having slight trouble on my internet it was running at 5 speed could down load music from eg limewire or imash at a round 25kb run speed of broadband was a round 200kb but when i up date it this week in was downloading at 56kb but now i can only download at 4kb to 5 from any of the download site eg lime wire ,but when i am doing a speed test it is came out as 468.kb and when i am downloading from any of the www site it is came down at 56kb but when i am trying to download music or video it only works at 4 to 5kb
i am using tiscali broadband.
can any help thanks

john-232317 11:59 26 Feb 2005

I think it depends on connection and the traffic, this morning i downloaded Nero update in three parts, first one was 60 odd, time i did third it was only 17 odd.

dogbreath1 12:54 26 Feb 2005

The speed at which you can download in Limewire or any other p2p application is dependent upon a number of things. The respective speeds of the internet connections of all p.c.s involved in the download. The % of bandwidth that each contributor has designated in his settings toward download/upload, the max amount of downloads/uploads permissible and the percentage of that maximum being utilised, the number of hosts that you are connected to (if you are downloading one file concurrently from 8 hosts, it will be quicker than if you are downloading a file with only one host etc. etc.. Also the amount of traffic on the net will play a part. The whole process involves a chain of connected factors. Basically, the weakest link in the chain will determine the speed of your download. So their may be nothing wrong with your system etc.. There is a lot you can do to optimise your own settings in Limewire. click here for expert advice and make the adjustments by clicking on 'tools' and configuring your settings according to that advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?