Double Trouble

bob's 11:04 27 Aug 2004

When i switched my computer on this morning on Win 2000 i discovered that all my Documents and My Favorites as well as my internet connection were no longer there.When i went to C:\Documents and Settings i find that there are two Administrator folders.One called Administrator and the other called Administrator ECS which is the name of my computer.The other one is my name and My name ECS.(eg Joe Bloggs and Joe Bloggs ECS)The Computer is loading from Joe Bloggs ECS which has nothing in it.No internet connection or Documents or Favorites.How can i fix this problem.
Thanks

bob's 17:44 27 Aug 2004

And also there is a Scsi cd drive which is showing up on the Computer as drive F.I do not have a Scsi installed.Is it a virus?.

bob's 22:32 28 Aug 2004

Does anyone know how i can get the computer to log on to the folder Joe Bloggs in Documents and Settings instead of Joe Bloggs ECS when i log on as Joe Bloggs (Joe Bloggs is just an example in place of my name.)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:26 28 Aug 2004

control panel-users- create new account (joe bloggs) make as administrator

Log on in new account if settings and folders now ok the control panel - users del accoun joe bloggs ecs

Or drag and drop all the folders from your old account to the new account then delete the old account.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:30 28 Aug 2004

control panel-users- create new account (joe bloggs) make as administrator

Log on in new account if settings and folders now ok the control panel - users del accoun joe bloggs ecs

Or drag and drop all the folders from your old account to the new account then delete the old account.

bob's 23:36 28 Aug 2004

It says Error, The account already exists.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?