Dota 2 randomly Freezes when playing.

zsl969 10:14 05 Jul 2018

Hello, First time poster. For quite some time I have been experiencing a problem with my pc. When I play dota 2, the game will randomly freeze sometimes. When this happens, the game seems like it minimises but the in game cursor is still there and I can hear the game still playing. I cannot click on anything as I only see the desktop but I can still hear the audio. I can also click buttons on my keyboard. When this happens i usually press f9 which pauses the game. And i need to clsoe the game then restart it. When I go to task manager it does not say the game is not responding or anything. But I cannot get back into the game, as if I go back to it the desktop is still visible but the in game cursor comes back and I can hear the sounds. Also Ive noticed that there is a very small small box at top left of screen when this freeze occurs but goes away after i alt tab. I have tried a windows reinstall but it still is happening. I have ensured my nvidia graphics drivers are up to date using the nvidia geforce experience. I play on a monitor and i have checked if this only happens because of my hdmi or monitor but it still happens when using just my laptop screen. Anybody have any idea why this is happening? Here are my pc specs.

System Information

Time of this report: 7/5/2018, 09:51:05 Machine name: ZACHSBABY Machine Id: {5DB603BA-AC93-4C4F-8894-063A7890FB1D} Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804) Language: English (Regional Setting: English) System Manufacturer: LENOVO System Model: 20217 BIOS: 74CN35WW(V1.10) (type: UEFI) Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.4GHz Memory: 8192MB RAM Available OS Memory: 7912MB RAM Page File: 2948MB used, 6244MB available Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS DirectX Version: DirectX 12 DX Setup Parameters: Not found User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent) System DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent) DWM DPI Scaling: UnKnown Miracast: Available, with HDCP Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Supported DxDiag Version: 10.00.17134.0001 64bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
       Chip type: GeForce GT 750M
        DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
     Device Type: Render-Only Device
      Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0FE4&SUBSYS_380117AA&REV_A1
   Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]

Device Problem Code: No Problem Driver Problem Code: Unknown Display Memory: 5965 MB Dedicated Memory: 2009 MB Shared Memory: 3956 MB

zsl969 10:22 05 Jul 2018

Please let me know If there is any other info required. Thanks!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Illustrator Amy Grimes on how setting up her own eco-brand led to success with clients too

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

Test : l’enceinte connectée HomePod d’Apple