Domain name query.

Ticketyboo 22:29 15 Oct 2003

If my name was bill smith and I registered smith.co.uk as a domain, would I be able to use [email protected] as my e-mail address, and would my wife be able to use [email protected]. Hope I don't sound thick.

Sir Radfordin 23:06 15 Oct 2003

Yes you would, but you would need to register the domain with someone who will also provide an email facility. I like One&One (click here) but there are other comapanies you can use.

Forum Editor 23:36 15 Oct 2003

with a decent hosting company you'll get at least one POP3 mailbox included in the deal. You can then put anything you like in front of the @ symbol - it will all go into the same mailbox.

If you want to use [email protected] and [email protected] as separate addresses you'll need to add another mailbox specifically for sue - so you both get only the mail that's specifically addressed to you.

If the hosting company only provides a single mailbox in your package you'll need to pay for the second one. It won't break the bank - most companies charge somewhere in the region of £12 per extra box.

Ticketyboo 06:43 16 Oct 2003

It sounds like a good idea, I think I'll go for it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough, a non-profit against sexual misconduct

What to ask Siri on the HomePod

Meilleurs VPN (2018)