Doh....best webcam? again

bythor 20:21 26 Nov 2006

My daughter has announced that she'd like a web cam from santa, so I thought I'd run it past the forum for ideas. I'm not necessarily looking for the cheapest, nor the most expensive but don't mind paying a bit more for good quality. As well as the obvious good standard of pics for instant messaging (good in low light etc etc), I like the idea of motion sensing security type cameras. Has anyone got much experience or any to recommend? I know PCA reviewed an MSI one but it was a year ago and things may be better now.
thanks in anticipation

anskyber 20:28 26 Nov 2006

In a way you are asking for different things which are required ti perform different functions.

In terms of pure web cams with good optics and good low light quality I can recommend this. It will be cheaper if you shop around on line.

click here

bythor 20:39 26 Nov 2006

thanks for that. it doesn't mention the security software bit - do you know if it does it?

anskyber 14:08 27 Nov 2006

No it is not as far as I am aware which is why I described it as a pure web cam. I have heard ofthese but I have no personal experience of them.

click here

crosstrainer 14:13 27 Nov 2006

I have a new Philips SPC 210NC which comes complete with microphone (clip on type) and various software utilities such as voice recording, and a livecam application (cant speak for the software cause I don't use it) The image is fully adjustable and both picture and sound are good

amonra 14:19 27 Nov 2006

I'm working with a Logitech Quickcam, good results and no problems from family abroad. Easy to set up and quality is quite good.

bythor 16:18 27 Nov 2006

Thanks all for your help - now I just need to look around a get one.
cheers
bythor

Stuartli 16:40 27 Nov 2006

Motion sensing (or time lapse) is done via software such as:

click here

A Creative VideoBlaster Webcam Plus I once had came with similar software at the time.

Some information on the subject:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?