DOES CREATING A PARTITION DELETE DATA?

rotormota 09:04 03 Dec 2009

Hi,

I want to create a partition on a secondary 300gb hd within my VHPMC PC. It only contains a folder of third party software, no OS or similarly vital components. Using Easeus Partition Master will the afore mentioned folder be erased during the partition process?

Many thanks.
J

Technotiger 09:07 03 Dec 2009

I have not used Easeus, but if it is similar to Partition Magic, then your data should be safe and still there after partitioning.

canarieslover 09:21 03 Dec 2009

I have used Easeus and found it to be fairly simple to use and will not destroy the data providing you have quite a bit more free space on the drive than the partition that you want to create. Having said this, all partitioning software does recommend backing up before using it.

skeletal 09:24 03 Dec 2009

Theoretically, creating, resizing and merging partitions should not erase or corrupt any data. However, given it is a computer, and software is involved, things could go wrong.

Thus, where data you have is vital, it is always a good idea to back it up before doing anything.

Skeletal

rotormota 09:52 03 Dec 2009

Thanks, very helpful. I want to install Windows 7 on the created clean partition so hopefully it will work. By the way- 'given it is a computer, and software is involved, things could go wrong' LOL! I know exactly what you are saying!

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

HomePod review

Comment regarder les Oscars 2018 ?