does anyone know how to sign off tesconet dial-up?

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 15:59 28 Oct 2004

it doesn't say how to sign off tesco,ive been with the service for over a year,we are on anytime.does anyone know how to sign off?
thanks alot.ben

recap 16:18 28 Oct 2004

Remove their software from your system, check the diaup settings and make sure their settings have gone from there.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 16:45 28 Oct 2004

hi, then ill still be paying for it,which wouldn't be usefull,i wan't to terminate the service not take it away and still pay for it!.thanks anyway.ben

GaT7 16:57 28 Oct 2004

click here - "6. CANCELLATION
If you decide to cancel your Tesco.net Internet account you should inform us in writing to: Tesco.net, On line House, The Avenue, Cleppa Park, Coedkernew, Newport, NP10 8UG"

...which I find terrible inconvenient AND unfair. All the ISPs I've ever dealt - cancellation meant just a simple phone call (non-premium number) or it could be done online. G

GaT7 16:58 28 Oct 2004

...which I find terribly inconvenient AND unfair. All the ISPs I've ever dealt with: cancellation meant just a simple phone call (non-premium number) or it could be done online. G

GaT7 17:04 28 Oct 2004

To first try contacting them by phone or email. You never know - they may let you do it that way.

Phone: 0845 650 8000 (8am-midnight 7 days a week)

Email: [email protected]

Good luck, G

hinny 17:06 28 Oct 2004

I changed to BTBraodband (Not BTYahoo broadband) from BTYahoo Anytime, thinking they were the same thing, I thought Anytime would be cancelled automatically, but no, apparently the are separate and I have been paying two amounts for four months, SO please make sure you do it right, make sure you do cancel the one you are leaving. I hope to have sorted this out this week, time will tell when my next credit card account comes in.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 18:45 28 Oct 2004

i have already e-mailed tesco support 2 weeks ago (and over),they have not given me a reply,i could just cancel the direct debit?.theyll soon terminate the service then.lol. hinny - don't worry im not going for tesco broadband,goodluck to you,cheers.ben

GaT7 18:57 28 Oct 2004

Ben, I reckon you should call them - it's only 0845 number & it's half price after 6pm. The are available till midnight. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

How Sketch and InVision have revolutionised our design workflow

The best tech gifts for Christmas 2017

Les meilleurs jeux de société (2017)