Does anyone have an idea how big rescue is?

Housten 17:07 10 Apr 2018

Good Afternoon, Gentleman,

It has come to my attention - late I know!! - that I do not have a rescue disk. I use Macrium Reflect 7 and have decided that I should do so, as soon as possible but I am concerned as to the size it will be. I have CDs, DVDs and pen drives and I would like to know which I should use.

Many thanks for all replies.

lotvic 17:32 10 Apr 2018

I used a 32GB USB pen drive/flash drive last time. I think that was the size I was asked to insert by the program (Dell)

I plan to make a new one after Windows 10 new update due from 10th April has been done.

Housten 16:07 11 Apr 2018

Good Afternoon, rdave13,

I do not know!! I have seen that a rescue media should be done and I found that I can do one from 'Create Rescue Media' on the front screen. As I have CDs, DVDs and pendrives I wanted to know how big a disc I needed when I create a rescue media. By the way would I be correct in assuming that if I have a problem then inserting the rescue medium into my computer will enable me to get my computer back and working. Although it may take some time.

john bunyan 18:44 11 Apr 2018

I use a USB HD for the Macrium image(s) and a 32 gig USB memory stick for the rescue bit. You have to make sure that usb memory stick is plugged in when you go to create it , then there is an option to use that or a CD. I just checked and it only uses about 250 mb so a vey small memory stick would do.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:08 11 Apr 2018

I use a CD as rescue media and create images to an external HDD

If Macrium is updated be sure to make a new Rescue media as stated previously or you cannot retrieve the later images,

Housten 12:29 12 Apr 2018

Good Afternoon, Gentlemen,

Thank you for all the replies. I will now have to consider what to do!! As I said I have CDs, DVDs and pen drives, but I am not sure if I have a small enough pendrive to use for Recovery. As I have far more CDs than DVDs I am inclining to that option. Thank you all I am very grateful for your replies and provided information, these have all been a great help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Hands-on

How to create a robot painting in Photoshop

iMac 21.5in (2019) review

Les bons plans TV (2019)