do i really need antimalware bytes

MJS WARLORD 15:00 13 Oct 2018

I have used the above for years however since the last software update it crashes at start up and generates an error report of crashing as pc shuts down.... I sent makers screen shot of reliability report and they say they are aware of the problem.

I have the paid for version of Kaspersky , I only mention that as I have heard there is a free version, I also use adwcleaner , superantispy and I also run windows defender once a week , so , I I running overkill can I manage without antimalwarebytes , it very rarely finds anything.

that said it once found items that MacAfee missed on one of my pc's.

wee eddie 15:35 13 Oct 2018

It's called "Malwarebytes", and if you run a tight ship, it will never find anything.

But, one day you will slip up. Then you need it.

rdave13 22:26 13 Oct 2018

If you have Kaspersky pro and aware of it's effectiveness then you might want to run Malwarebytes removal tool, Malwarebytes forum with link for removal tool .

Superantispyware is dead in the water and has been for many years.

Once you'v removed Malwarebytes free then just reboot and re-install the free version. Kaspersky pro will allow that.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

34 tips for turning your art and graphics into amazing animated GIFs

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs