Do I have the virus?

jiggy b 12:25 05 Sep 2004

I have recieved an e-mail which states -
"This message had an attachment which were found to contain the following virus(es):

File 'Attachment' was infected with virus '[email protected]!enc' (ID 37368)

The infected file(s) were cleaned or removed from the attachment"

The mail is from mail delivery system. I cant work out if this is my antivirus software (panda platinum) doing its job and stopping an e-mail sent to me or if its a mail I've sent being returned. Panda isnt finding anything on my pc when I run a full scan.

[email protected]® 13:31 05 Sep 2004

I think you answered your own question but try using this click here

daisy2bell 15:04 05 Sep 2004

I tried this programme (the free one) and it came up with the following 4 viruses:

File C:\WINDOWS\OPTIONS\CABS\WIN98_66.CAB tagged as not-a-virus:Tool.Win32.Reboot. No Action Taken.

File C:\WINDOWS\OPTIONS\CABS\OLS\CSI\USKIT.EXE tagged as not-a-virus:Tool.Win32.Reboot. No Action Taken.

File C:\WINDOWS\OPTIONS\CABS\OLS\AT&T\ATTKIT.EXE tagged as not-a-virus:Tool.Win32.Reboot. No Action Taken.

File C:\Program Files\AOL 9.0\Jiti\Jiti_mm.exe tagged as not-a-virus:Tool.Win32.Reboot. No Action Taken.

Has the programme got rid of the virus, or have I got to do it

Thanks
Fred

johnnyrocker 15:27 05 Sep 2004

your av scanner would have given you options to either quarantine or delete i would have thought

johnny.

rich88 15:28 05 Sep 2004

when i try to log into my account it logs in then automatically logs out imedieatly do i have a virus and if i do will i have to reformat my hard drive to acess my computer?

livewire 15:36 05 Sep 2004

Jiggy B,

You are not currently infected with a virus. The Panda Anti-virus suite uses a Proxy E-mail virus checking system so why the message orginates from a mail delivery system suggests that the mail could be a Spam/Virus variant. Some e-mail like this include:

"Your message has been checked for viruses with McAfee....Attactchements OK."

These messages are often fake and when you do open the attatchment you would be infected with a virus. A nasty trick to convince users that the attatchment is clean when infact it is not.

As you have Panda- Panda has simpily cleaned the mail message automatically and no further action is required on your part.

- LiveWire

stalion 15:41 05 Sep 2004

what you have listed are not viruses so take no action.The program you used automatically deletes viruses so you do not have any

stalion 15:43 05 Sep 2004

please start your own post with your question

rich88 15:56 05 Sep 2004

sorry i didn't know how before

daisy2bell 21:24 05 Sep 2004

Thanx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?