Display shows inverted colors/ very dim picture

A Shakir Qassab 13:08 31 Aug 2018

Hello Guys , I have a problem with my laptop display (or may be in the built in video card ) , the colors seems inverted (blue to orange / Red to green / white to black etc) and the picture is very dim . Even in start up and dos screen, the monitor seems odd with different colors , I did everything possible to update the drivers though it was very difficult to do that with barely visible letters .

I opened the display and moved the cable see if this will alter the situation but was no difference , I can order a monitor same Model no and change but I am afraid this is not a display issue but rather something in the mother board like the video adapter or anything else!!!

Your kind advice would be highly appreciated .

best regards

Ahmad

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:12 31 Aug 2018

Have you tried plugging the laptop into an external monitor or TV to see if it is still the same?

A Shakir Qassab 13:17 31 Aug 2018

Fruit Bat .... My laptop is Thinkpad T540p i7 has not HDMI port , i cant connect it to any other monitor. I thought to do that but as I said cant do it :(

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:54 31 Aug 2018

it has a mini display port and a VGA port you can use either to connect to an external display. VGA is common thee must be someone you know who has a monitor connected by VGA may be even a work colleague.

A Shakir Qassab 16:24 31 Aug 2018

I will ask one of my friends who may have the proper cable and update you , thx bro

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

See concept art from groundbreaking video games including The Last of Us, Journey and No Man's Sky

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Les meilleurs VPN pour Kodi (2018)