display settings

kingkenny 21:31 23 Mar 2003

Hello all,

I leave my computer for a few minutes and the screensaver comes on, which is fine. Then the monitor powers off, which again, is fine!

But when I bring it back to life the display settings have changed, and i find myself having to use the monitors screen buttons to adjust the screen size back again.

Any thoughts

woodchip 22:28 23 Mar 2003

Have a look in Device Manager to see if you have any yellow icon's

BlueMeanie 12:51 25 Mar 2003

Hi

I've had a similar problem. With Windows 98 SE you can have a problem with the Monitor power off facility, this could be your problem, or perhaps an older monitor can not power back on correctly.

I have disabled Monitor power off and my PC now works OK.

kingkenny 10:12 26 Mar 2003

Thanks for replying to this

I have looked in device manager and have no conflicts or yellow exclamation icons.

My monitor is an Iiyama 17" only 5 months old so I don't think that is the problem. I had changed my refresh rate to 75Hz 2 weeks ago and think that that wss the time it started. I have since changed back. The screen is only slightly bigger when the monitor powers back up but big enough to have the start icon half-submerged.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 10:27 26 Mar 2003

Does the monitor have a recall mode it may need turning on so it goes back to what it was when it went off.

Regards.

kingkenny 10:34 26 Mar 2003

I am not familar with this function.

Could you educate me?

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 10:38 26 Mar 2003

lol.on my monitor on screen display i got different settings and one called special with auto degauss and recall both set to on so it remembers the settings i choose next time i start pc.

Regards

kingkenny 11:01 26 Mar 2003

Cheers  ÑÌÇKÑÂMË

will check this out when I go home tonight

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)