display probs with old pc

Mev 14:41 27 Feb 2004

I have an old pc that was built for me some years ago by a friend. It has a SiS mobo with integrated GPU. I gave it my dad and he uses it to surf the net, for which it is just about ok. Recently his monitor went so i got him a new(used) one, but the picture is not aligned correctly and the buttons on the front of the monitor don't work.

When i originaly got the pc it had a SiS program on it that would allow me to adjust the screen orientation through the desktop (my pc has a similar prog by ATI that came with the vid card). Does anybody know where i can get a utility for the older pc to adjust the screen? I formatted the pc some time ago and lost the original program. I have checked the SiS website but can't seem to find anything.

Thankyou to anybody who can help me with this.

OneSirKnight 14:43 27 Feb 2004

sis mobo details, do you have them ?

Mev 14:52 27 Feb 2004

Which details? The guy that built it never gave me the mobo manual, he was a work coleague whom i don't see anymore. I've had the case open but there isn't much in terms of mobo model number on it. Pretty much all i know is that it uses the SiS 5598/6326 driver.

Mev 15:32 27 Feb 2004

if you need specific details i can try and find them..which details would you need??

I was hoping there might be a generic program to let me adjust the screen position.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?