Display Problems

Lettervanman 17:34 16 Apr 2005

I am running XP Media edition 2005 with Viewsonic VX715. AMD 3800 One Gig of memory.

On three occasions recently my display has reverted to a very strange picture the whole frame is covered with very fine columns of lines.
The computer is still working and sound is ok.
However,since I can not see what is behind this pattern nothing can be selected with the mouse to try and see what is causing the problem.
By using the remote I was able to get the tool bar and then able to select a prog.and this was displayed on top of the pattern.
A reboot restarts with a perfect display and no other problems,and I can not make the problem happen, it seems to be random. Any ideas please?

woodchip 17:51 16 Apr 2005

You may need to download Latest Video Drivers for your Graphics Card

Night Ryder 20:23 16 Apr 2005

Agree with Woodchip. I had a very similar effect. Also check the add / remove programs in control pannel. You may as I did a while ago have two sets of drivers installed for your graphics card. If this is the case, uninstall all drivers for you card and install the latest ones.

Lettervanman 22:31 16 Apr 2005

Thanks for your replys,all noted.I will do some tinkering and see what happens,but as I said,it seems to be random so I will have to wait a day or two for results.
I will tick it for now!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 and 32 review – hands-on

When is the next Apple event?

Qu’est-ce qu’Amazon Prime ?