display card doesn't support 800*600

Abdulrahman Mohamed 23:53 07 Sep 2016

Hello everybody, I want your help about running old games like (tradewinds legends). it starts windowed and i go to switch full screen, but this message appears:

my laptop is hp (15-ac040ne) HD display 720*1366... and here are all about my laptop:

oh! I remembered something also which is: what is display memory? as i wanted to play a game that require 32mb in display memory and i have 0mb??

at last iam thinking in buying new display and connect it with my laptop through HDMI cable to watch movies better, and iam wondering if it solve problem of old games like (tradewinds legends)

lotvic 11:28 08 Sep 2016

It is a problem with old games, you can't run them in full screen. I found this info click here on gaming.stackexchange that explains a bit about it.

Abdulrahman Mohamed 23:37 08 Sep 2016

well, I tried to set custom resolution (800600) from my intel graphics properties and i started to play the game. It worked but of course nothing change as iam only using this part from screen. But i noticed that i can`t or unable to click windowed option, which means that the lowest resolution that game can start is 800600.AFTER that i set resolution to default 13600*768 and started the game again and i could switch to full screen but it not filling all the screen, it's like the game had stretched. SO THE PROBLEM as i think that i must have the lowest resolution 800*600 of my game on my laptop in the settings of the display>>>>>

**SO BRIEFLY THE GAME BEFORE ADDING CUSTOM RESOLUTION LIKE THIS:

AFTER ADDING THE CUSTOM RESOLUTION AND START MY GAME WITH MY DEFAULT RESOLUTION: **

AND there is another thing i didn't mention it:: I tried to play the game on an old desktop PC which has SAMSUNG LCD display 900*1600 and i think it is 20 inch. and the game filled the display successfully!!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Designing a near-future Kowloon Walled City for Alita: Battle Angel

Microsoft brings Windows Defender ATP to the Mac

AirPower : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique