Disappearing emails in Outlook

wobbler 10:22 05 Nov 2004

As soon as I connect to my mail server (BT) Outlook downloads the new emails into my inbox, then within a few seconds they disappear. Not in any other folders including deleted. But if i grab them quick and drag them into any other folder then thats OK. Checked all my outlook settins and everything seems to be OK, any ideas anyone. Thanks.

whybe 12:34 05 Nov 2004

I wouldn't guarantee this as a solution but have you tried running 'Detect and Repair' from the Help drop down menu?

Cook2 15:46 05 Nov 2004

click here and see if it will help. It may direct your mail to the Junk, Quarantine or Deleted Items folders. Hopefully you can then set the programme to put your mail where you want it. (Fingers crossed).

Cook2 15:46 05 Nov 2004

click here and see if it will help. It may direct your mail to the Junk, Quarantine or Deleted Items folders. Hopefully you can then set the programme to put your mail where you want it. (Fingers crossed).

Cook2 15:50 05 Nov 2004

Just found this.

I can't see all of the items in a folder.

You may have a filter on that hides some or all of the items in the folder. If there is a filter on the current folder, the words "Filter Applied" appear in the status bar. To remove a filter, click the View menu, point to Current View, click Customize Current View, click Filter, and then click Clear All.

You may have chosen a view that may hide certain IMAP items, such as the Hide Messages Marked for Deletion view. To see the views you are using, on the View menu, point to Current view.

Grouped items may be collapsed. To expand groups to show details, click the Expand button .

The item might be in another folder. Check any appropriate folders. To see all the folders at once, click the View menu, and then click Folder List.

You may have the folder set up to AutoArchive items after they reach a certain age. On the Tools menu, click Options, click the Other tab, and then click AutoArchive. If the AutoArchive every check box is selected, the item you want may have been archived.

If you have any rules set up, the message may have been automatically moved or deleted.

Cook2 15:50 05 Nov 2004

Just found this.

You may have a filter on that hides some or all of the items in the folder. If there is a filter on the current folder, the words "Filter Applied" appear in the status bar. To remove a filter, click the View menu, point to Current View, click Customize Current View, click Filter, and then click Clear All.

You may have chosen a view that may hide certain IMAP items, such as the Hide Messages Marked for Deletion view. To see the views you are using, on the View menu, point to Current view.

Grouped items may be collapsed. To expand groups to show details, click the Expand button .

The item might be in another folder. Check any appropriate folders. To see all the folders at once, click the View menu, and then click Folder List.

You may have the folder set up to AutoArchive items after they reach a certain age. On the Tools menu, click Options, click the Other tab, and then click AutoArchive. If the AutoArchive every check box is selected, the item you want may have been archived.

If you have any rules set up, the message may have been automatically moved or deleted.

Cook2 15:51 05 Nov 2004

Just found this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

How Sketch and InVision have revolutionised our design workflow

The best tech gifts for Christmas 2017

Les meilleurs jeux de société (2017)