disabling password logon win xp pro! how? plz

second best 18:54 15 Sep 2003

hi, recently installed some extra windows components from the ins cd, coz i was tryinght o figure out how to network. i have a anetwork set up no, but my startup has changed. i know hav eto input my password. i have managed to change it so i just press ok without entering a pw, but i would like it to just boot without me being there. also, when i go to shutdown, the 3 button console restsrt shutdown log offm, has changed to a drop down menu. presumably to do with the previous query. can someone tell me what i might have done, and can i fix it?

VoG II 19:03 15 Sep 2003

Start, Run, type in

control userpasswords2

and click OK.

Take the tick out of "users have to enter a password..."

second best 19:06 15 Sep 2003

thnxs vog i wont know till i rebot, but can you tell me how to get to it using normal windows link, if you know what i mean. ii couldnt find it anywhere. would liketo know how to navigate to it manually (scenic route) thnx

VoG II 19:08 15 Sep 2003

I don't think there is a scenic route!

second best 16:58 16 Sep 2003

i have something called 'clientservices for netware insatlled somewhere but i cant find it. it is preventing me from changing certain things to do with my log on. i have the classic stlye drop down menu instead of the new xp 3 radio button style. when i click 'change the way user log on' i get the message 'client service for netware has disabled the welcome screen, you must uninststal it, but i cant find it, not even with the search function. any ideas?

MAJ 18:57 16 Sep 2003

Looks like you've solved this one, second best? What about an update of the situation?

second best 20:10 16 Sep 2003

sorry MAJ, i don't quite understand what you mean. the situation is still not resloved. i now load up admin settings instead of my own user profile. i have to log oof when it boots up and then load my own personal profiole. can you tell me anythihng about 'client services for netware'?

VoG II 22:10 16 Sep 2003

^BUMP^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?