DirectX experts help me out a bit here please...

nick_j007 11:32 26 Jun 2003

Hi there,
I have been having a problem for a few months on my Dell Inspiron 8100 fitted with a Gforce2Go Nvidia 32MB card.
Firstly...when clicking for a game icon (such as MOH) it will not change the screen to a full display, rather it plays it at about just under quarter of the screens size. I have figured out a work-around but it used to do it automatically. My work-around is to go to Properties on the desk top, settings, Advanced, nview, device settings, screen adjustments, then I have to click the box 'use display adaptor scaling' as opposed to the currently ticked 'used centered output'. When I then click on the game icom it will run in full mode. Please note, I never used to have to do this.

Secondly... I have been digging around in DXdiag abit and found some concerns under the Network tab (BTW, all the tests run ok in dxdiag with no problems reported).
The messages are as follows and relate to missing registry:
DirectPlay8 Modem Service Provider - Registry: Error, File: dpnet.dll (5.01.2600.1106)
DirectPlay8 Serial Service Provider - Registry: Error, File: dpnet.dll (5.01.2600.1106)
DirectPlay8 IPX Service Provider - Registry: Error, File: dpnet.dll (5.01.2600.1106)
DirectPlay8 TCP/IP Service Provider - Registry: Error, File: dpnet.dll (5.01.2600.1106)

I also have this:

Network Tab: The registry information for the service provider 'DirectPlay8 Modem Service Provider' is missing or damaged. You should reinstall DirectX.
The registry information for the service provider 'DirectPlay8 Serial Service Provider' is missing or damaged. You should reinstall DirectX.
The registry information for the service provider 'DirectPlay8 IPX Service Provider' is missing or damaged. You should reinstall DirectX.
The registry information for the service provider 'DirectPlay8 TCP/IP Service Provider' is missing or damaged. You should reinstall DirectX.

Are you still with me? Ok good :-)

I see that Direct X 9.0 is now available but having read titles here related to it there may be new problems associated with it, if I need to re-install DX 8 where can I get it please.

My apologies for such a big issue/question but I realise it may be easy peasy for a few of you.

Many Thanks,

Nick

direct x is available in all its flavours from microsoft download centre, so far ive had no problem with DX9.0a .
if you are not using dual monitors then disable n-view.

nick_j007 12:47 26 Jun 2003

Thank you. n-view is disabled already so no worries there.
I was trying most of the morning to download DX 9 but all the servers were busy for quite some time using mirror sites linked from Getright.
I shall try Microsoft again I think.
Will DX 9 cover all the above problems once downloaded do you think as I will then have a new upgraded system anyway?

Thanks, Nick

nick_j007 12:53 26 Jun 2003

Have tried to download again without Getright and it now has downloaded and is installing as I type.
So we may well be getting sorted here after all!

nick_j007 13:53 26 Jun 2003

I have successfully downloaded DX 9 and all seems to be well as there are no ref's to missing registry entries etc.

However this problem remains:

I have been having a problem for a few months on my Dell Inspiron 8100 fitted with a Gforce2Go Nvidia 32MB card. Firstly...when clicking for a game icon (such as MOH) it will not change the screen to a full display, rather it plays it at about just under quarter of the screens size. I have figured out a work-around but it used to do it automatically. My work-around is to go to Properties on the desk top, settings, Advanced, nview, device settings, screen adjustments, then I have to click the box 'use display adaptor scaling' as opposed to the currently ticked 'used centered output'. When I then click on the game icom it will run in full mode. Please note, I never used to have to do this.

If you could help me here I would be VERY garteful indeed!

Regards,

Nick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?