Digital Satellite receiver not computer

woodchip 13:45 11 Aug 2004

As anybody have any experience with Digital Satellite receiver's, if so what and how many English channels. As I have seen a Digital Satellite receiver advertised that can get, Astra,Astra 11, Eutelsat Hotbird, Turksat,Hellasat,Sirius and Hispasat

cga 13:57 11 Aug 2004

Sky points to satellites at 28.2 E and you need a sky CAM module (only available in SKY box) t access any of these - or at least last time I checked. However some of these are free to air (don't need a subscription card)

With the normal Free 2 air boxes / decoders you will be picking up from one or more of the other satellites you mention - but be aware these are at different locations (Hotbird 13E & 16E , ASTRA 19.2E etc.). Unless you have a motorised dish you will have to select one of these (or 2 if you have a twin LNB)

There are a smattering of free English language programs on these but not a huge number.

For more info click here , click here

woodchip 14:19 11 Aug 2004

No this is a Digital Free to Air, none Sky box

cga 14:29 11 Aug 2004

agrred - I was just trying to differentiate between the 'free' digital channels on the 28.2E satellites and those on other satellites.

I will make one reservation on my previous comments. I have not tried accessing the BBC programs at 28.2E since they ceased needing a viewing card. Might be possible with a Free 2 air decoder.

Astra 28.2E (actually a number of co-located satellites) carries no analog. Others do but are moving more & more 2 digital.

Examples of free programs you can get on Eutelsat/ Hotbird in English are Deutsche Welle/ BBC Word/ Euronews.

woodchip 14:37 11 Aug 2004

Is it posible to get USA

woodchip 14:40 11 Aug 2004

Receiver is £49.99 and a 80cm Dish £14.99 LNB £3.99 Finder 3.99

woodchip 14:43 11 Aug 2004

and a three year warranty

Salinger 14:46 11 Aug 2004

That is obiously the one from Aldi. Not a bad price, but you will NOT get any US satellites on it (they are way over the "horizon". Check this for lots of info click here

woodchip 14:49 11 Aug 2004

Lidl

Salinger 14:58 11 Aug 2004

Aldi/Lidl, never can remember who is doing what, lol.

woodchip 15:12 11 Aug 2004

Is it worth the Cost?????

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?