Digital pics to Cd-RW

hendog 16:00 19 Nov 2004

I can download my digital pics into a folder on the Pc, and can burn them to a CD-R for commercial printing. For reasons of economy I would prefer to burn to CD-RW but the pc says "no can do". Can anybody explain why??

ICF 16:15 19 Nov 2004

What's the error meassage?
What software in any are you using?

woodchip 16:21 19 Nov 2004

You can do it in NERO the pics are better if JPEG and your DVD player as to support Pic's

hendog 16:56 19 Nov 2004

Thanks,

The pics are jpg format. The screen message is:
"ERROR COPYING FILE OR FOLDER. cannot copy Dsc00032(that is the pic number) the disk is write protected.
Remove write protection or use another disk"
A brand new disk makes no difference.

I am using Pinnacle Instant CD/DVD vers. 8 software.

ICF 18:12 19 Nov 2004

Are the pictures your trying to put on CD-RW already on a disc or are they on your computer?

hendog 19:19 19 Nov 2004

ICF

They are on the computer. No problem transferring from the camera to pc, or from pc to cd-r. No go with Cd-rw.

TomJerry 19:29 19 Nov 2004

you cannot copy to CD-RW disc directly unless you format it use a packet writting program. Nero has InCD, Roxio has DirectCD, do not know what is similar program with Pinnacl.

Another way is just treat CD-RW as CD-R and burn it the same way. If you want to use again, just erase it and use again.

Graham ® 19:34 19 Nov 2004

This may be a speed incompatibility between the writer and the blank disc. Can you burn anything to a CD-RW, a small file, for instance.

chugby 19:54 19 Nov 2004

just a thought, are you trying to copy from a CDR as this maybe reason protected, need to "save as" onto hardisk. Check if files are read only (via properties) and change to archive.
Assume Cd-rw are blank and work normally, have you tried different media? If new media could be
cd-rw drive not recognising and firmware needs updating.

Filch 20:17 19 Nov 2004

I've had this happen 3 or 4 times with Oak SimpliCD. It seems that somehow the files have become corrupted. I was able to get round it by opening the original file taken from the camera (had been downloaded to the computer as a TIFF)and resizing it and saving it with another name. One time changing it to a JEPG did the trick. You might give it a try.

woodchip 20:42 19 Nov 2004

As above use NERO data file. it will create a ISO that will run on your DVD

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?