THE DIGITAL CAMERA NEVER LIES?

rotormota 07:44 22 Jun 2003

I have an Oregon Scientific DS8228 digital camera. I have down-loaded photos to photo programmes along the way & I thought deleted them from the camera memory & card....at least that is what the camera indicates on the tft in playback mode.

However, my photo programmes are telling me they are still on card & internal memory hence I am limited as to how many photos I can currently take with the camera. Although the camera tells me they are deleted, both internal & card are of course showing limited space for new photos.

Am I missing something obvious??

Many thanks.

J

howard60 07:48 22 Jun 2003

you could try the menu and either delete again or format the card. as long as you are sure you have them on your pc - 1 reason for a failed clearance is them not downloading correctly. If all ok but still no joy remove all batteries from the camera and wait a couple of minutes before restoring them.

rotormota 08:15 22 Jun 2003

Hello H, strangely I have just managed to clear both card & memory by deleting on the pc via the camera file itself. Seems odd...I wonder if the camera is faulty?

I now have full cpacity back again.

Thanks.

howard60 08:41 22 Jun 2003

good - try removing batteries - it clears the memory in the camera and everything should be back to normal.

vibrant 09:01 22 Jun 2003

when that happens to my camera i have to format the card it has something to do with the way you downloaded them to your pc

Stuartli 09:47 22 Jun 2003

I have found that if I delete pix whilst my Minolta is connected to my system (USB) then they are also deleted on the camera's memory card.

However, I then have to reformat the Secure Digital card in order to take more pix - if they are deleted using the camera's facility I don't have to reformat.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?