Digital camera for beginners

SB23 19:14 21 Jun 2003

Hello everyone,another question for you.Can anyone recommend a digital camera outfit/pack,for the beginner.I would expect the pack to contain everything i would need to get started.Any ideas....?

zanwalk 19:30 21 Jun 2003

PC Pro has a review of 13 low budget cameras this month (August!), and is well worth a read, you should find what you are looking for there.

Stuartli 20:38 21 Jun 2003

You can buy a basic Kodak camera for around £90 to £100 or even less in the case of some other makes.

But you would quickly want to get something somewhat more versatile after initial use.

woodchip 22:20 21 Jun 2003

Do not buy a camera with a cmos sensor get a camera that as a CCD capture sensor

SB23 18:01 22 Jun 2003

anchor

I suppose my budget would be somewhere in the region of £100-£200.Is that enough for a descent buy?....SB

SB23 18:06 22 Jun 2003

GroupFC

Thankyou for your response,but to narrow my search down abit,i would need to know exactly what to look for,so,as i said to anchor,is my budget going to be enough?.....SB

SB23 20:06 23 Jun 2003

GroupFC

Thanks again,and to everyone else,but am already into the best buy mags,and user guides etc,etc,although,as you did suggest earlier in this discussion,the Canon A70 looks like a fairly safe bet.Not bad for the money.This might be the one.....SB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

Print legends Dan Mumford and Supermundane on making the leap from 2D to AR

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Mac : comment forcer la fermeture d’une application ?