difital photo printing

JOHN 20:19 19 May 2004

I have recently acquired a nikon 3100 digital camera. I took lots of pictures and downloaded them to my hard drive so that I could examine them and, if necessary, do a bit of enhancement. I picked out the best and transfered them to a cd to take to my local photo print shop. However, when the operator loaded the cd, it appeared to be empty. He told me that it was because I had loaded them from "Easy CD". On reading the handbook for the camera, it would appear that theyu have to be saved as DPOF. Is there any programme that will do this for me or how do I get them printed?

Old Shep 20:31 19 May 2004

This tells you a bit about it. That format is saved on your storage card and I believe when you transfer them to disk it changed the format. click here. Ever thought of printing your own???

Dragon Heart 20:44 19 May 2004

DPOF stand for Digital Print Order Format a format which allows for direct printing from digital cameras.

Digital cameras users are able to select the photos they want printed directly in the camera without using a computer. The DPOF file is written to the camera's removable media and is read / executed by printing services and applications.

DPOF supports the following print features:

selection of which photos to print, quantity of each photo to be printed, index printing of thumbnail images, image rotation, user information (e.g. name), picture information (e.g. title, description)

The simple solution is take your Compact Flash card to your local ASDA for example. What format did you use on your CD .... JPEG ?

JOHN 21:00 19 May 2004

yes I used jpeg. I took them off the compact flash card to make room for more photos and also to do any alterations that might be necessary.

justin37 06:42 20 May 2004

Just Out of interest have you thought of internet printing,I personally always use - click here and find that it is hard to beat on quality of prints and the very fast turn around time on them, also print for print I find it better value than home printing plus more convenient.

Just.

justin37 06:44 20 May 2004

Whoops try that again , wrong suffix.

click here

Just.

JOHN 19:45 20 May 2004

I have now sent off my pics to 1st.camera.com so will wait and see what the results are like. I would still like to know why I can't download, modify and still get them printed locally though.

Thanks for all your help.

john

JOHN 19:45 20 May 2004

I have now sent off my pics to 1st.camera.com so will wait and see what the results are like. I would still like to know why I can't download, modify and still get them printed locally though.

Thanks for all your help.

john

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?