Different time at start up

Govan1x 13:52 14 Jul 2018
Answered

Probably not a problem but have notice when I start my computer it shows the time just over 1 hour behind normal time.

Time on the computer is fine and time in Bios is fine I just wondered why the different time at start up.

It shows. Medion and time at the Top right gives the time as over 1 hour behind normal. That is at start up and before anything else is on the screen.

Govan1x 01:02 15 Jul 2018

It is 1 am now and that was taken about 15 minutes ago.

Govan1x 09:55 15 Jul 2018

mrcalif

Ok thanks for the information, I take it that does not interfere with the running of the PC and can be ignored.

Is there a way of adjusting it or does it not matter.

Govan1x 10:06 15 Jul 2018

Ok took a minute to sink in. My display was my TV. So went into that and changed the time and area to automatic and that sorted the time out.

Still 5 minutes out but I can live with that.

So thanks to everyone that helped.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:17 15 Jul 2018

Your TV time should be automatically adjusted by the signal coming through the aerial.

I assume because your'e using as amonitor you have no aerial attached?

Govan1x 12:17 15 Jul 2018

Spot on Fruit Bat /\0/. i do not have an aerial connected. just use it as a monitor.

wiganken2 17:49 15 Jul 2018

So you are using a TV as a monitor? I find this strange because TV resolutions are nowhere near as good as a dedicated computer monitor. I tried a TV monitor recently and it took me all of five minutes to disconnect it and put the proper monitor back in place. I suppose a TV might be OK as a monitor if you were sitting 2 metres away from the screen and it was a largish TV but computers aren't used 2 metres away from the screen are they? Maybe you have some reason to use a TV as a monitor but, if you haven't, I am sure you would be well pleased by changing it for a monitor.

Govan1x 23:31 15 Jul 2018

wiganken2

Used to use it as a TV and Monitor. It was always handy when I woke up during the night and could not get back to sleep.

It's good enough for me as i only use the basics.

wiganken2 08:15 16 Jul 2018

Fair enough. As long as it suits you that's all that matters.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi 9 review

Apple has upgraded the iMac to make it twice as fast – and given the iMac Pro a quiet bump too

New iMac 2019 launch: Release date, price, features & specs

iMac 2019 : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique