Different time at start up

Govan1x 13:52 14 Jul 2018
Answered

Probably not a problem but have notice when I start my computer it shows the time just over 1 hour behind normal time.

Time on the computer is fine and time in Bios is fine I just wondered why the different time at start up.

It shows. Medion and time at the Top right gives the time as over 1 hour behind normal. That is at start up and before anything else is on the screen.

wee eddie 14:41 14 Jul 2018

New CMOS battery needed

Govan1x 18:57 14 Jul 2018

Sorry for the delay in answering could not sign in to PCA probably a bad reaction to my add blockers.

Govan1x 18:57 14 Jul 2018

MJS WARLORD

Tried that and it is set to automatic.

Govan1x 19:12 14 Jul 2018

Daylight saving is on.

Will try the Bios tomorrow morning to see if there is a difference if so will change CMOS.

Thanks for the answers and sorry for not getting back sooner.

Govan1x 19:23 14 Jul 2018

Thought that i would give it a quick try and results just the same. Clock is Exactly 1 hour 5 minuter behind. Bios and computer time ok.

Daft question I am using a TV instead of a monitor with nothing else connected to it. Would that cause a difference.

Also I don't suppose time set in router, that is if there is actually a clock time on a router, if there is could that cause a problem.

Govan1x 19:39 14 Jul 2018

No time set on router so that rules that out.

wiganken2 20:21 14 Jul 2018

Clutching at straws here but your not running a dual-boot system are you with Ubuntu as a second OS? I ask this because Ubuntu, a Linux distro, uses two clocks and when selecting Windows OS it takes a little while to show the right Windows time. Synchronising the two Linux clocks fixes things.

Govan1x 00:47 15 Jul 2018

wiganken2. No not running a dual boot.

rdave13 When I start up the computer the Medion sign comes on and it shows the time on the top right of the black screen which is 1hr 5 minutes difference from the Bios and the computer time. Eventually it goes on to the welcome screen.

Not got a clue as to whether it makes any difference to the computer or not. Thats why I am asking the question.

Govan1x 01:02 15 Jul 2018

It is 1 am now and that was taken about 15 minutes ago.

Govan1x 09:55 15 Jul 2018

mrcalif

Ok thanks for the information, I take it that does not interfere with the running of the PC and can be ignored.

Is there a way of adjusting it or does it not matter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Apple unveils first ‘pro’ iPhone 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max

IBC 2019: new video tools from Adobe, Blackmagic, Lenovo and more

iOS 13 release date, time & new features

Les meilleurs appareils connectés compatibles avec Google Home (2019)