Different time at start up

Govan1x 13:52 14 Jul 2018
Answered

Probably not a problem but have notice when I start my computer it shows the time just over 1 hour behind normal time.

Time on the computer is fine and time in Bios is fine I just wondered why the different time at start up.

It shows. Medion and time at the Top right gives the time as over 1 hour behind normal. That is at start up and before anything else is on the screen.

KEITH 1955 14:02 14 Jul 2018

right click the time , on adjust set time and date , click set time/date , do you have set time automatically set to on

wee eddie 14:41 14 Jul 2018

New CMOS battery needed

KEITH 1955 17:05 14 Jul 2018

rdave , the daylight setting you speak of is on the same page I told govanix to check

Govan1x 18:57 14 Jul 2018

Sorry for the delay in answering could not sign in to PCA probably a bad reaction to my add blockers.

Govan1x 18:57 14 Jul 2018

MJS WARLORD

Tried that and it is set to automatic.

Govan1x 19:12 14 Jul 2018

Daylight saving is on.

Will try the Bios tomorrow morning to see if there is a difference if so will change CMOS.

Thanks for the answers and sorry for not getting back sooner.

Govan1x 19:23 14 Jul 2018

Thought that i would give it a quick try and results just the same. Clock is Exactly 1 hour 5 minuter behind. Bios and computer time ok.

Daft question I am using a TV instead of a monitor with nothing else connected to it. Would that cause a difference.

Also I don't suppose time set in router, that is if there is actually a clock time on a router, if there is could that cause a problem.

Govan1x 19:39 14 Jul 2018

No time set on router so that rules that out.

wiganken2 20:21 14 Jul 2018

Clutching at straws here but your not running a dual-boot system are you with Ubuntu as a second OS? I ask this because Ubuntu, a Linux distro, uses two clocks and when selecting Windows OS it takes a little while to show the right Windows time. Synchronising the two Linux clocks fixes things.

Govan1x 00:47 15 Jul 2018

wiganken2. No not running a dual boot.

rdave13 When I start up the computer the Medion sign comes on and it shows the time on the top right of the black screen which is 1hr 5 minutes difference from the Bios and the computer time. Eventually it goes on to the welcome screen.

Not got a clue as to whether it makes any difference to the computer or not. Thats why I am asking the question.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Hands-on

How to create a robot painting in Photoshop

iMac 21.5in (2019) review

French Days 2019 : dates, sites participants & bons plans