Different time at start up

Govan1x 13:52 14 Jul 2018
Answered

Probably not a problem but have notice when I start my computer it shows the time just over 1 hour behind normal time.

Time on the computer is fine and time in Bios is fine I just wondered why the different time at start up.

It shows. Medion and time at the Top right gives the time as over 1 hour behind normal. That is at start up and before anything else is on the screen.

MJS WARLORD 14:02 14 Jul 2018

right click the time , on adjust set time and date , click set time/date , do you have set time automatically set to on

wee eddie 14:41 14 Jul 2018

New CMOS battery needed

rdave13 15:37 14 Jul 2018

If bios time is correct before boot (have to boot to bios first) then Medion should have a setting for daylight saving somewhere for the clock it shows. Never owned one so don't know where the setting might be. If bios clock is wrong after being shutdown over night then I'd go with wee eddie .

MJS WARLORD 17:05 14 Jul 2018

rdave , the daylight setting you speak of is on the same page I told govanix to check

rdave13 18:37 14 Jul 2018

rdave , the daylight setting you speak of is on the same page I told govanix to check

I realise that but Govan1x stated

Medion and time at the Top right gives the time as over 1 hour behind normal. That is at start up and before anything else is on the screen.

Also stated that Time on the computer is fine and time in Bios is fine .

Govan1x 18:57 14 Jul 2018

Sorry for the delay in answering could not sign in to PCA probably a bad reaction to my add blockers.

Govan1x 18:57 14 Jul 2018

MJS WARLORD

Tried that and it is set to automatic.

rdave13 19:05 14 Jul 2018

Sorry for the delay in answering could not sign in to PCA probably a bad reaction to my add blockers.

Odd that as Malwarebytes just now sent a warning as I was moving between forums. Disappeared as soon as it showed and no history available???

Govan1x 19:12 14 Jul 2018

Daylight saving is on.

Will try the Bios tomorrow morning to see if there is a difference if so will change CMOS.

Thanks for the answers and sorry for not getting back sooner.

Govan1x 19:23 14 Jul 2018

Thought that i would give it a quick try and results just the same. Clock is Exactly 1 hour 5 minuter behind. Bios and computer time ok.

Daft question I am using a TV instead of a monitor with nothing else connected to it. Would that cause a difference.

Also I don't suppose time set in router, that is if there is actually a clock time on a router, if there is could that cause a problem.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

Print legends Dan Mumford and Supermundane on making the leap from 2D to AR

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs