Devolo dLan 500 cockpit problem

ormelittle 12:37 24 Mar 2019

When I download the Cockpit app it only remains while my computer is up and running. As soon as I restart or boot up, I can no longer get the Cockpit to appear. Instead I get a message that the Devolo adapter is not visible. ( The app is connected by an Ethernet cable, although I had the same result using wi-fi.) If memory serves me right, I think I had no problems for several months after I bought the adapters perhaps two years ago. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

john bunyan 13:50 24 Mar 2019

I have the Devolo Magic 2 system, which combines wi fi and LAN. On my laptop, when I launch Cockpit, it only “sees” the Devolo main unit plugged into the router when near to it. On my iPhone I use the Devolo network app that works everywhere. It was on this that I put the WAP router password. On what device are you trying to use cockpit app?

ormelittle 14:35 24 Mar 2019

Thanks for your reply. I'm running Win 7 on a PC. I've already done "factory reset", to no avail. Wherever I've posted no-one seems to have any ideas!

john bunyan 14:54 24 Mar 2019

It may be worth a phone call to Devolo?

They have a UK one even if it’s answered in Germany

ormelittle 15:03 24 Mar 2019

Thank you John. It was always an option.

ormelittle 20:17 24 Mar 2019

John, I installed COCKPIT on a laptop, running Win 10. So far no problems. Perhaps the original problem is with my PC and Win 7. Fingers crossed.

john bunyan 20:37 24 Mar 2019

ormelittle

Good news . I have it on a W10 laptop also. Maybe one needs W10

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Hands-on

Best Wacom deals for Easter

iMac 21.5in (2019) review

Comment faire pivoter une vidéo ?