Device driver for LiteOn DL-8ATSH Slim Slot 8x DVD-RW

DJ-Garry 11:01 29 Jul 2014

Hi Guys :)

I'm having trouble finding a driver for the recent LiteOn DL-8ATSH Slim Slot 8x DVD-RW that I bought from Amazon (www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DJVSY8C) .....

I am trying to do a fresh clean install of Windows 7 from a downloaded disc image burnt to DVD, but right near the start of the installation process the system asks for a driver for the DVD/CD drive. I'm a little confused as the system seems to be able to see the drive and read the data from the installation disk, but I guess this driver is needed for the new version of Windows install itself.

All I can seem to find on-line are driver install or repair apps that work on the machine you are browsing on. I need to download the driver and copy it to a blank CD, so I can insert it when asked for during the installation process. Can anyone point me in the right direction to a download for this writer, as it was bought as an OEM product with no driver disc. My then working version of Windows 7 just seemed installed the right device driver itself when I first bought it.

Many thanks :)

alanrwood 19:13 29 Jul 2014

MechKB is right. Drivers should be built into the install disk.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HTC U12 Plus review: Hands-on

Frida Kahlo's life, art and legacy explored in Google's new giant online collection and app

Best Android emulators for Mac

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?