Desktop, Taskbar, Start Menu, etc. not working

GCbfan1 01:29 19 May 2019

So I have been having this issue for over a year with my laptop and I've finally hit my breaking point. Taskbar has completely vanished, whenever I launch my laptop, my desktop is constantly refreshing and has no icons. Additionally, windows shortcuts have no response, such as Window + R. In order to stop my desktop from constantly refreshing, I've had to launch my task manager and end the explorer.exe process. I launch everything using task manager and navigate through alt+tab as it is the only way to use this laptop in its current state. On top of that, windows 10 settings simply doesn't allow me to access it, also changing the volume via my keyboard doesn't work, I have to use sound properties. Please, someone help me fix this issue, I've tried looking for solutions online but haven't found the answers.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:51 19 May 2019

Back up your data and reset windows or simply wait for the next big update due out anytime now.

Have you tried powershell (admin) type sfc / scannow and let windows find and replace missing or corrupt system files?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Pokémon Sword and Shield preview

Best Office Chairs for the Studio and Home

macOS Catalina Preview: First look at the new Mac update

Que faire si votre iPad ne se charge pas ?