Desktop shortcuts on google chrome

sac1600 10:58 21 Dec 2015

Now no wrench on chrome how do I get desktop shortcuts ?

sac1600 11:24 21 Dec 2015

Thank you Zander and apologies ... I meant shortcuts for favourite websites I visit on my Chrome browser !!

xania 11:31 21 Dec 2015

Top right hand corner you'll see an icon of 3 parallel lines. Click this to find your bookmarks, settings etc.

sac1600 14:31 21 Dec 2015

thanks Xania anyway I can create "desktop shortcut" rather than bookmark ??

xania 09:53 22 Dec 2015

Yes, but if you've got lots of shortcuts, your desktop will get very messy. If you use bookmarks, you can categorise as well!

difarn 16:54 22 Dec 2015

Instead of having the shortcuts on the desktop you could put them on the space underneath the URL bar. To do this open your web page then drag the icon to the left of the url address (www....) You should see the name of the website appear. It may be rather long. To shorten it right click on it, click on properties and then shorten the name. Obviously there is a finite number of shortcuts that you can put in this location. If you prefer you can drag these icons to your desktop - resize the page by clicking on the two squares to the left of the red button with the x on it then drag the icon from the left of the web address and drop it onto your desktop. You can then shorten the name as I have explained above.

difarn 17:01 22 Dec 2015

I should have mentioned that you can also put folders on the address bar which you can name and drop your most-used bookmarks into. Each time you open up the browser they will be there at the top of the page.

click here

difarn 17:03 22 Dec 2015

If you don't have the bookmarks bar enabled this will tell you how to do it.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 UK Review: Xiaomi's Flagship Slides Into The UK

2019's best up-and-coming illustrators

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comment utiliser une manette PS4 ou Xbox One sur votre Mac ?