Desktop Requirements For Video Editing Not Gaming

PC0202 10:39 12 Aug 2018

Hi Folks, a total numpty when it comes to computers, however having read so many articles on requirements for video editing i need some advices on specification with a £1600 Budget +/- £100, my hobby is photography & video, i have a mavic pro drone & a GoPro Camera, i enjoy travelling & wish to create some satisfying videos from footage that i have captured. The Footage i have off the drone is in 2.7K, also 1080 & the GoPro is a 1080 too I Understand its all about power in terms of cores & cpu & a high end video card.....but that is where my undertstanding comes to an end. So is it Intel V AMD? will a 1070 be ok or do i need a 1080 graphics card? I would very much appreciate your input of exactly what components are needed & more importantly what is compatible with each other. I don't need a Monitor, Mouse or Keyboard.....a new desktop i certainly do! Budget Approx £1600, Not sure about which video software to use, but nothing that is too complex, i am leaning towards Filmora Many Thanks Neil

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

See concept art from groundbreaking video games including The Last of Us, Journey and No Man's Sky

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Les meilleurs VPN pour Kodi (2018)