DESKTOP MONITOR KEEPS GOING BLANK

dec1567 23:28 04 Jan 2018

Hi all, I launched my pc today, ran netflix and suddenly the screen went blank, and the sound went off. The blue light indicator on the monitor went from blow to orange, and the "No VGA connection" showed. Anyway I've launched it around 10 times and still it will not work. When the monitor goes off, I can't switch the PC off using the power button, I have to switch it off on the back, or unplug it (Which I hate doing!) I am on windows 10, and I would appreciate all the help I can get, it works on smart mode although when booted normally it will not give me enough time to make changes to it before the screen goes off, meaning I can't update drivers and do advanced changes unless its on safemode. Thankyou for your time! :)

wee eddie 01:46 05 Jan 2018

I think that you must expect the problem to be with your PC.

You have said that it opens in Safe Mode and then turns off. This is either a Graphics Card problem or overheating. I think that the first is most likely

wee eddie 02:28 05 Jan 2018

I just finished work early tonight and have been thinking more about it. I don't think the Power Supply is giving the necessary any longer

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?