Desktop do I

  mikegm7 13:02 11 Jul 2005

The words underneath my desktop icons are surrounded by a colourd box. I know how to change the coloured box, but how do I do away with the box altogether and just have the words?
Thanks in advance

  tenplus1 13:45 11 Jul 2005

The coloured box uses the background colour, so change that in the Display Prefs and that'll work...

You could also turn on Drop-Shadows for desktop icons ON by right-clicking My Computer --> Properties --> Advanced --> Settings

  Magik ®© 13:50 11 Jul 2005

or you can download a small prog called "transtext" which allows you to just have the words and no box.

click here..

click here

  Graham ® 14:26 11 Jul 2005

...or click here

  mattyc_92 16:06 11 Jul 2005

Is "Active Desktop" enabled? That normally causes this.

To disable:

Right-click Desktop and select "properties->Desktop->Customise Desktop (its a button)->Web" and untick ALL boxes and click OK...

  ventanas 16:11 11 Jul 2005

I had this a few weeks back click here for the fix.

  Graham ® 18:00 11 Jul 2005

Poor TransText! You've put 'em out of business! Neat solution, is that alright, mikegm7?

  mikegm7 08:30 13 Jul 2005

Sorted. One box was checked. Unchecked it and coloured box dissapeared!!! Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?