Desktop connected to network, internet not working

ad20999 22:46 13 Dec 2016

I have recently returned home from 3 months at university. Before I left in the summer I had a desktop. Before I left for uni the desktop was connecting to the internet perfectly. When I returned a couple of days ago and tried to use my desktop, it said that it was connected to the connection and that there was a strong signal but that there was no internet. My laptop, iPhone and iPad are all connected to the internet without problem. I don't understand what is wrong with my PC. I have tried everything possible but it still won't connect to the internet. When I first tried to look to see if the IP Address was the problem I noticed that there was no default gateway. I tried to rectify this however it has not solved the problem. All of my drivers are up to date. Can someone please help as I need my desktop to work over the Christmas period. Thank you.

Govan1x 23:09 13 Dec 2016

Have you tried turning the router off for 50 seconds and then switch it on again.

ad20999 23:15 13 Dec 2016

Yes I have tried that multiple times. One of those times my desktop briefly connected to the internet then it went off again. I don't know if this information will be helpful or relevant but my connection comes from an office which is on the other side of a courtyard to my house. My house only contains a booster for the signal. Apologies if I don't make much sense as I don't really know too much about this subject.

Govan1x 07:46 14 Dec 2016

Does the booster look anything like this and is there any red lights showing on it. If so switch it off at the plug for 10 seconds or so then switch it on again.

Best waiting for someone that can give you the proper information that you require.

Click Here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 release date & specs

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2019 is 'Living Coral'

Can Macs Get Viruses & Do Macs Need Antivirus Software?

Comment baisser votre ping ?