Hot Topics

DELL XPS 15 9560 laptop no sound input

Narendra 18:02 24 Jul 2020

My laptop is Dell Xps 9560 with windows 10 Home Edition. When i talk to the laptop there is sound input! But i can hear the youtube, zoom or skype, which have microphone! Please advise! Thank you. Narendra.

riverbill 14:54 25 Jul 2020

How did the issue start? Have you made any recent changes to the system? Have you update the drivers or make any changes in the windows?

I found this source helpful click here Sometimes update did screw up my sound too... It just sounded really tinny. Uninstall and reinstall audio driver, reinstalling using the Realtek audio driver from the Dell website.

PS.

Narendra 17:40 26 Jul 2020

Thank you very much for your reply! This happened while updating the system! Could be something else! But noticed it last week! I follwed your suggestions uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers! But its still the same! I might have to try restoro if its free! Otherwise. please suggest some other way! Thank you again! Narendra.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:29 29 Jul 2020

Did you download and install new drivers?

If you just uninstalled and then letb windows reinstall it will have just put the old windows generic drivers back in.

Narendra 08:44 30 Jul 2020

Yes, i dow loaded the new drvers! Not the Windows one! Regards! Narendra.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:37 30 Jul 2020

Still not working?

Narendra 18:13 30 Jul 2020

Thank you for your correspondence! I have followed all your suggestions! They haven't worked yet! I will do them again! Regards! Narendra.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixel 4a review

Apple updates the 27-inch iMac for 2020 with 10th-gen chips and a new screen

Greg Joswiak replaces Phil Schiller as Apple SVP of Marketing

Les meilleurs gadgets high-tech pour animaux (2020)