Dell PC Upgrade - Will this GPU fit?

Pizz88 19:14 27 Oct 2013

Hi all,

So I have a Dell Inspiron 570 I'm trying to upgrade. Fitting a new 600W power supply and graphics card.

Here's the motherboard (a Dell special.. :\ ) ... Now, I know some of the newer cards are quite big in physical size... Would something like a Radeon 7850 fit this board? I'm worried that silver square thing in the middle will block the card.. I can't tell. Any advise?

click here

Pizz88 12:14 28 Oct 2013

retep888™ 14:12 28 Oct 2013

The GPU will fit alright ( the silver square thing in the middle won't block the card) however you have to make sure there is room inside that micro Atx case for the 8-9" long GPU.

If I'm correct after researching some images of the Dell, there is enough space but please open up the side panel & measure from the back plate to the front panel alongside the PCI-e slot. Good luck with the GPU & PSU.

Another thing you might have to reconsider is your Dell's weak CPU, it might become a bottleneck depending on what games you play.

Pizz88 14:43 28 Oct 2013

Hey retep888™ ,

Thanks for the response! Really appreciate it. My long term plan is to replace the mobo entirely, but I can't do that until I can afford a new CPU. The dire Radeon 5450 I have at the moment is the weakest element, so I figured I'd start with PSU & GPU.

Next up i'll replace the Mobo & CPU.

I'll take those measurements tonight and update on how it goes.

Thank you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Explore Milton Glaser's iconic poster designs from the 1960s to present, including Bob Dylan, I…

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts