Dell Inspiron SD card slot

Clapton is God 08:31 17 Oct 2018

I use a Dell Inspiron 620 tower PC. For the first time I need to insert an SD card into the SD slot to update the data (navigation maps for my car's SatNav).

I note that there's no separate button to eject the card from the slot after use. Do I simply push on the card to eject it after I've updated the data?

Thanks in anticipation.

wee eddie 09:04 17 Oct 2018

I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

The slot has a spring in it. Push the Card in and it clicks into place. Give it another wee push and the spring dislocates the catch and the card pops out.

Clapton is God 09:25 17 Oct 2018

Thanks Wee Eddie - that's what I thought - unless any other members have other ideas??!!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Artists FriendsWithYou reimagine Snoopy and Charlie Brown for a Peanuts London takeover

iPad Pro 12.9in (2018) review

Les meilleurs smartphones chinois disponibles en France