Dell Inspiron 15R, 8meg Ram, Plusnet fibre 34mbs,

Sprackers 17:01 31 May 2017

Hi there,

Can ayone help as I am at my witts end.

Dell Inspiron 15R 8Meg Ram 34mbs Download speed,

Why does it take 20 seconds to load every webpage and still buffers Sky Go?

Ive done everyhting all the websites say to speed it up. What ive done:

Delelted all unncecsaary programs. Run Malware Cleaned up disk. and many more...

My memory is usage is saysing 2.2/7.99 so plenty there according to the web.

Im not running any games Im the only one on the network Im hard lined (not wireless) into router approx 1 mtre away.

Can anyone help?

Sprackers

Archonar 18:30 31 May 2017

When you say 34mb download speed I assume you are referring to your internet connection? Sounds like a stupid question I know but just to be sure. Have you verified this using a speed tester?

Have you updated your wireless driver? Here is the dell site for downloading it: click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:22 31 May 2017

How much spare drive space do you have on your C: drive 20% is recommended.

Sprackers 21:45 31 May 2017

Ive verified my speed using Ookla on many occasions and alsway above 30mbs. I havent updated my wireless driver as im always hard wired from router to my laptop.

As regards space I have 573gb free of 922gb.

This is why its so puzzling (frustrating) everything I have is plenty for it not to a) Take 15-20 second to open a web page and b) Buffer live TV.

Anything else I can check.

thanks for your help so far.

Archonar 22:38 31 May 2017

I would still recommend downloading the latest network drivers - some may apply to your ethernet connection as well

rdave13 23:12 31 May 2017

If you have an i3 CPU and running Windows 10 then open task manager once booted to the desktop. Check CPU usage then let it settle down. Might take a few minutes or more. Quite a few thing going on with 10 on initial boot but if you use the computer straight away then the processes are subdued (for want of a better word) until the 'puter is near idle but will start again at the earliest opportunity.

Sprackers 09:11 01 Jun 2017

Hi Chaps,

Ive got an Intel I5 inside and here are my wirelss networks

as regards my netorks i have 4.... They read: Intel R Wieles N7260; REaltek PCI FE Family controller #2 (i dont have a family), TAP VyprVPN-adapter V9; TAP Windows Adapter V9.

I guess I should update the Intel wireless one but what about the others?

Many thanks again for your help chaps

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:21 01 Jun 2017

Uninstall and reinstall your ethernet driver ( wireless not required as you are hardwired to router)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi 8 Review

Adobe confirms it’s working on a full Photoshop for the iPad

Apple announces new MacBook Pros for 2018

Qu’est-ce qu’Amazon Prime ?