Dell Inspiron 1564 battery not charging but connec

howard64 12:26 16 Nov 2018

I have fitted a new, not Dell, main battery to this laptop. It says plugged in not charging. I have pressed F2 then loaded default setup but the battery still does not charge. I have run the Dell main diagnostic tests and it then suggested two downloads which both flashed the bios bring it up to date. When I go into setup it shows that it does not recognise the power supply which is the one it came with when bought from Dell. I am unable to scroll down to this entry but doubt I could change it even if I could. Does anyone know how to get this laptop to charge the battery?

howard64 12:09 17 Nov 2018

I fitted a different Dell power supply and it is now charging - the old one had enough power to allow the laptop to work but not to charge the battery as well.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch