Hot Topics

Dell desktop pc keeps crashing

baldyx 14:31 22 Jun 2015

My Dell pc windows 7 keeps crashing with PAGEFAULTINNONPAGEDAREA.

I have restored the system to previous good restore points and also after F8 ing at bootup restored to last good restore point, but still keeps crashing.

Sometimes loads the windows7 then crashes and sometimes before the windows is loaded.

I have set the 'Restore system settings and previous versions of files' in System Protection for RECOVERY

Also started the pc in SAFE mode as well but no joy.

wee eddie 16:28 22 Jun 2015

could be overheating. Have you ever cleaned the stour out from the insides?

baldyx 20:00 22 Jun 2015

wee eddie - I have cleaned the pc as suggested and boot it up , the Windows7 was loaded and few seconds later same problem, i..e crashed with PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGEDAREA.

I have left some programs running overnight last week and i noticed that the PC fan was working for a long time to get rid of the heat which was generated. Could the pc be damaged during that period? Are there any software which would identify the Page Fault ?

baldyx 21:38 22 Jun 2015

I have come across this : The winlogon notification subscriber was unavailable to handle a notification event.

This was when the the system crashed.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:53 22 Jun 2015

click here also be worth testing the memory

might

baldyx 13:06 23 Jun 2015

The pc is generating more heat quicker than it used to so could that be the real cause of the crash?

The memory test did not find any error.

Also the following messages issued after Startup Repair Result : Bugcheck50 Parameters :0xffff....d0,0x1 Result failed Error code 0x490

wee eddie 14:13 23 Jun 2015

One of the first times I cleaned a PC, I found that I had forced the fluff into a solid mass, invisible because of the way the Heat Exchanger Fins were set in a shell. Eventually, when I took the shell off the Graphics Card, I found that although it looked clean from the outside, there was no possibility of air passing through those fins.

Secret-Squirrel 17:17 23 Jun 2015

Are there any software which would identify the Page Fault ?

Here's another useful free utility. If you'd like help with the results then post a link to a screenshot but make sure the "Bug Check String" and "Caused by driver" columns are clearly visible. If you don't see any results at all then post back.

The pc is generating more heat quicker than it used to so could that be the real cause of the crash?

PCs are packed with temperature sensors so anyone that suspects overheating should first use a free monitor such as this one. Here's a screenshot to give you an idea of the information it displays. I would start to be concerned if any of the temperatures exceed 75c. If yours are normal then there's no point in opening the PC and faffing about cleaning its insides and possibly damaging something.

Secret-Squirrel 10:05 25 Jun 2015

How are you getting on? Do you need some more help with this?

baldyx 11:38 25 Jun 2015

Hi,

My desktop pc is now 7years old so I have some sympathy towards it regards the crashes & have now decided to give it the last rites and moving on to using a new pc with new softwares.

I would appreciate any recommendation for a new desktop pc.

Thanks all for your help!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:10 25 Jun 2015

What do you want to use it for?

I would recommend Chillblast PCs - well pleased with my latest one

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Where's our Galaxy S20 Ultra review?

Creatives in China won't find this flag on Adobe, Getty or Shutterstock

New iPhone 12 release date, price & specs rumours

Microsoft Surface Duo confirmé : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique