Default program for scanned pictures?

prima12 15:47 08 Nov 2003

Hi all, If I scanned some photos, what would be the default program which would allow me to open them? Unfortunately I downloaded Irfanview and 'associated' all my other files to it, but I don't want to open them with Irfanview. They are jpeg and tif. I am running W98se.
P.

ton 16:08 08 Nov 2003

Right click file, select Open With and choose one of the programs shown, or select Choose Program and select a photo editor program or whatever. You should also tick the box "Always open with".

ton 16:14 08 Nov 2003

Sorry, I should have said, left click the file to highlight it, then hold down shift key and right click. You should then see the 'open with' box.

prima12 17:07 08 Nov 2003

Perhaps I haven't explained it very well.I had previously scanned the pictures and saved them, when I went to open them up, they would automatically open, and be displayed on the monitor, what I want, is to get back to that initial position, and not have to select a specific program to open them and view.

prima12 18:38 08 Nov 2003

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with Irfanview, I use it to put my photos onto CD, it's just that I've changed something and I didn't know how to get it back to as it was. I then remembered that I had put the pictures in question onto CD, and it appears they are to be opened with 'Quicktime'. Thanks to everybody for their help. P.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

FIFA 19 review

Design a vector map packed with creatures and landmarks

iPhone XS vs iPhone X: What is the difference?

Comment désactiver la lecture automatique des vidéos sur Chrome ?