Default mail client

Fleetblue 19:56 31 May 2006

Recently on a couple of occasions when I have been on a site with an "email us" link, when I click on the link I have received a message saying "could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed". I then get up to 50 "Action Cancelled" pages opening. I have tried using Internet Explorer - Tools - Internet Options - Programs but when I try to enter an option using the drop-down facility nothing happens. I cannot type anything into the email box and no options appear. Can anyone help?

VCR97 21:32 31 May 2006

I get the same problem on almost every occasion when I use an e-mail link in a web-site or in an e-mail. No problem with normal e-mail. My system freezes for two or three minutes before producing the 50 or so pages. XP Home/IE6/OE6. I no longer try to use these links; it's less trouble simply to type the address.

Hope that you don't mind me barging in on your thread, Fleetblue.

Fleetblue 23:18 31 May 2006

Charlie Babbage: I can send and receive emails via hotmail it's only when I access an "email us" link from a site that I have this problem.
ade.h: The only browser I use is Microsoft Internet Explorer.
VCR97: Don't mind you joining in at all. As a matter of fact I've been doing the same as you. But I'd just like to get to the bottom of this.
Thanks all.

johnnyrocker 23:36 31 May 2006

i find it difficult to post a helpful solution without knowing your os and mail client. ( i have a couple of ideas but they might be as good as a chocolate teapot without more info)

johnny.

Fleetblue 14:36 01 Jun 2006

Thanks everyone for all your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon slashes Echo Dot price to just £24.99 to kick off Black Friday

The 51 Best Free Typefaces Every Designer Should Have

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio (2018)