Decent Cheap/Free Alternatives to Photoshop

NetroPhil 12:48 03 Dec 2018

I want to get into image editing - specifically to make my own fan made posters, but as is the case for many, I don't have the money to pay so much for Photoshop every month (plus the usability on there is just so confusing). And there's far too many lists out there on the internet saying different things. So I'm looking for a more informed opinion. Here.

What is a decent, cheap or free alternative to Photoshop?

john bunyan 13:00 03 Dec 2018

I would try paint.net. Does most things Photoshop does.

paint.net

john bunyan 13:01 03 Dec 2018

Ps it needs. Framework stuff so read up to check you have it

csqwared 20:08 03 Dec 2018

Try GIMP

Bit of a steep learning curve as are all the best graphics progs. Lots of tuorials etc. on't'internet

csqwared 20:09 03 Dec 2018

PS. Cross platform, so works out of the box for Windows or Linux.

AroundAgain 20:35 03 Dec 2018

Photoshop Elements is £76.58, one-off payment.

It's a 'cut-down' version of Photoshop but it's very good. Also, there are a couple of other programs available to get more features out of PSE.

Lots of tutorials available plus an excellent forum for help etc

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixel Slate review

Brian Cox-branded beer brings Big Bang beauty to bottles

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comment jouer à des jeux de PS2 et PS3 sur PS4 ?