Deals

spec 12:21 22 Jan 2009

I wonder if anyone can help with this. Pursuing an upgrade I went to Novatech and purchased one of their M/B bundles. I need other stuff for the upgrade so made a list of (6) items, from a case down to cooling fans. I then mailed Nova and asked if they could do a deal for me if I purchased all the items from them. I got a point blank 'no'. Anyone know any companies where I can maybe save a few quid by such a proposition?. Things being tight as they are.

Thanks in advance.

kindly 12:33 22 Jan 2009

If you have a computer fair near you at the weekend that might be one road for you to go down. You know, a lot of people go to the big companies hopeing to get a good deal and finding out like yourself that they are not interested. Why dont you try a local computer shop. They are a face and real people to deal with. I have got a few good deals this way and you can always go to talk to them if you get stuck.
You can do a google search for the bits you want first to get an idea of prices. Hope this helps you.

Shortstop 12:36 22 Jan 2009

I've always seen "discounts" as a two-edged sword. If they can give [further] discounts then the original price may have been inflated slightly to cover this. I used to work in Telesales and we regularly made an initial offer above the target price specifically so that we could give a good discount and STILL end up with a profit. In my experience the one supplier I was able to negotiate a discount was still more expensive the ebuyer & Novatech.

I am firmly of the opinion that Novatech shave their prices down so far that further discount is just not possible and - when support and P&P are added into the mix - have always used either of the 2 companies already mentioned simply because the overall package is good.

HTH

Paul

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?