Dead screen HP Pavillion G6

Fast learner 16:06 31 May 2018

Hello, My HP Pavillion G6 laptop screen is dead but I can hear the hard disk working. What can I do to fix the problem please.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:58 31 May 2018

Try connecting to and external monitor or TV there will be a cople of keys to press to switch usually Fn+ F5 (look for a blue symbol of sceren).

That will tell us if its the screen or asscoiaated leds of if its the grahics card that has failed.

Fast learner 19:52 31 May 2018

Hi', That makes no difference, Nothing on either screens.

rdave13 20:13 31 May 2018

Connected to an external monitor or TV set to PC input, tap F4 once. Down arrow once, then press the enter key. This is for the 'Duplicate' setting. Anything showing now?

Fast learner 15:39 07 Jun 2018

Hello Rdave, Still nothing but I can't hear the hard disk booting up either. I might have been mistaken before.

Fast learner 15:45 08 Jun 2018

Thanks, I did wonder about the overheating since I had to clean it out twice but not once did the machine warn me about overheating. Thanks a lot HP, last time I buy one of their machines.

Fast learner 13:49 11 Jun 2018

Thanks everyone, I have now given up with it, nothing seems to work and I am sick of wasting time on it. Thanks for all the advice anyway. John

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Shadow of the Tomb Raider review

Julian Glander recreates your art school experience in quirky video game Art Sqool

iPhone XS vs iPhone X: What is the difference?

TV & streaming : comment regarder la Ligue des Champions 2018-2019 ?