SATA mkae complicate
(1) uninstall motherboard drivers and any driver for hardware which is no in new base unit
(2) Move old HDD to new base unit, boot up and install all hardware drivers for new base unit especially SATA drive, you should be able to see new hardware drive now.
(3) use a specilist clone software such as "True Image" or "Norton Ghost" to clone old HDD to new HDD. Clone not copy.
(4) Remove old HDD from new base unit.
(5) Start new base unit and get into bios to make sata booable, restart, it should wok.